summer?


it is more than half way through june
where is summer in vancouver this year?

i cleaned out the beer fridge the other day.
and by cleaned out unfortunately i mean washed it, not drank it dry.
the beer fridge lives outside on my balcony.  it is a source of great joy to me on a warm evening when i don't have to go inside every time i need a fresh cold beer.
usually the fridge gets cleaned out and plugged in in march or april in anticipation of warm beer drinking evenings.
that i didn't clean it out until late june this year is a tragedy. a travesty of justice, even.
where are my warm evenings?



a full beer fridge is a sight that warms my heart.  this is what it looked like last spring before the softball team put a serious dent in its contents!
usually the team has been over multiple times to use me for the fridge and balcony that can in fact seat 20 people who all like each other.
not this year.
not once has it been nice enough out at 8:15 to want to sit outside.
the longest day is almost upon us.
where i ask again, is my summer?



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

brewing up gender parity

the end of an era

label of love